Top Keyloggers For Windows and Mac 2021
In this article, I will tell you what a keylogger is, why it is helpful, and what its main features are. I’ll also describe the top 7 keyloggers for both Windows and Mac and tell you where you can download them. Before looking through the list of top keyloggers for Windows and Mac 2021, let’s find out what keylogging programs are and why you may need a keylogger.
What is a Keylogger?
Keyloggers are surveillance technology that monitors and records each keystroke users type on a computer keyboard. Keyloggers are often used by cybercriminals to steal personal information, login credentials, and sensitive enterprise data. However, keyloggers can also be used legally within enterprises to monitor employees’ activity on company computers. Keylogging software can help employers monitor employees’ productivity, prevent data leakage, and investigate unlawful actions. What’s more, keyloggers are often used by parents who want to find out what their kids are up to or to protect them from cyberbullying and other online dangers.
There are 2 main types of keyloggers for Windows and Mac:
- Hardware Keyloggers: small devices that are connected to the target computer or keyboard. Such keyloggers have a lot of pros since you don’t need to install any extra software on the monitored device to start reading all keystrokes. Unfortunately, this type of keylogger won’t work for everybody because the keylogging device is visible and can be easily noticed by the monitored user.
- Software Keyloggers: Special programs that allow you to record all keystrokes used by the target and in most cases to view the recorded data remotely from your online account. Keylogging software is 100% undetectable and invisible to the user which makes it the best solution if you want to stay unnoticed.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the best software keyloggers for Windows and Mac.
7 Best Keyloggers For Windows and Mac
Below is the list of keyloggers that people generally like to use for their desired purposes.
#1 Spyrix Free KeyLogger
Spyrix Free Keylogger is suitable for Windows devices and free of charge. This application records all keys pressed by the target user, as well as creates screenshots, and tracks clipboard events. Other than that, Spyrix Free Keylogger is a cloud-based solution and allows remote access to the recorded data from your online account. It can also make reports of programs that are running on the monitored computer. The availability and main features make it number one on the list of the 7 best keyloggers.
The main features include:
- A secure web account that allows you to access the recorded logs on the go from any device
- Remote uninstallation: if you want to remove the keylogger, you can do it from afar without physical access to the device.
- Keystrokes logging
- Recording of clipboard events
- Screenshot capturing at a set time period
- Monitoring of running apps
- Removable drives control
- Printer control
- Analytics module (can be used for report generation and other purposes)
You can download and use this software for free on your Windows device from the above.
Spyrix Keylogger For MacOs
Sprix Keylogger for Mac is another good keylogger developed by Spyrix. It is one of the most powerful and multifunctional keyloggers for parental control and employee monitoring. As the name suggests, it’s compatible with macOS. The program offers a free trial during which you can test its main features:
- Remote access to the recorded logs
- Keystrokes logging
- Clipboard Control
- Live Viewing: you can watch the computer screen in live mode
- Screenshot Capture
- URL Monitoring
- Invisible Mode
- Search Engine Monitoring (Google, Yahoo, etc.)
- Alert Keywords
- Social Networking Activity (Facebook, Linked In, etc.)
- Monitoring of IMs (Viber, WhatsApp, etc.)
- Removable Drives Control
- Printer Control
- Blacklist of unwanted URLs and websites
You can download this software from the above green Link:-
#2 Actual Keylogger
Actual Keylogger is also helpful when it comes to keystroke logging. Additionally, it records clipboard events, Internet activity, and program usage. You can also block access to specific websites using this application. What’s more, the keylogger generates reports in text and Html formats and sends them to your email. It offers 2 modes: the visible and the hidden one. Actual Keylogger is easy-to-use and supports practically all Windows and macOS versions. Some extra features include:
- Reports by email, FTP, and LAN
- Case sensitive keylogger
- Free trial
- Print activity recording
- Monitoring of disk changes
As the name suggests, this keylogger is designed with parents in mind and offers many helpful features for parental control. For instance, the app can record all keystrokes, capture clipboard events and screenshots, monitor online chats (Viber, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc) and social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc). What’s more, it’s a cloud-based application that allows remote monitoring via a secure online account. Additionally, the app lets you spy on live surroundings, view the computer screen in live mode, and record webcam videos and surrounding sounds. Other features include:
- Compatibility with Windows and macOS
- Free trial
- Monitoring of visited websites
- Blacklist of unwanted URLs
- Application tracking
- Web search queries recording
This keylogger was initially designed for parental control purposes but it can be also used for other monitoring needs. It’s suitable for Windows and macOS devices and offers a free plan with a limited number of features. The application captures screenshots at a set time period, records keystrokes, and monitors web history. With KidLogger, you can track what applications the computer users open and how much time they spend in front of the screen. Other helpful features include:
- Email reports with the recorded data
- Control of removable drives;
- Monitoring of used folders and files;
- Time tracking;
- Free support and an online demo.
#5 Elite Keylogger
Elite Keylogger supports both Windows and macOS and offers several features that you may find handy. Other than keystroke logging, the application records passwords on Windows devices, including Windows login data. Besides, the app monitors chats and emails like Skype, GTalk, ICQ, Viber, and more. Visited websites are also captured with timestamps and URLs. Like the previous solution, this keylogger can deliver the data to LAN and FTP. Finally, the application:
- Records all used programs with timestamps
- Offers an intuitive interface
- Monitors clipboard events
- Is 100% invisible and undetectable
- Has a free trial
#6 All In One Keylogger
This keylogger is suitable for Windows and isn’t free but offers a 7-day free trial period. The interface may look a bit spartan but the features are powerful. The application can record keystrokes, capture screenshots, monitor online chats, web activities, etc. What’s more, you can record surrounding sounds with this monitoring program. With the keylogger, you’ll forget about wondering what the user is gossiping about in online chats or what they are searching for online. The solution is helpful for personal use and parental control.
#7 REFOG Keylogger
REFOG is another good keylogger for your tracking needs. It’s easy to use and install, which makes it the best fit for parents who want to check what their kids are up to. The software records all pressed keys and captures screenshots as well as records online chats and instant messengers. It can be hidden from the target user so that the monitored person was unaware of its presence. Visited websites are also recorded. The application is paid and offers several types of subscriptions.
These are the best keyloggers for Windows and Mac that are available on the market today. You can try out all of them and decide which solution fits your needs.
How to use Spyrix Keylogger – Main Functions (Video Tutorial)
I hope this article will really help you and stay with us for more such articles. If you have any questions feel free to put them in a comment section, take care have a nice day 🙂