How to fix laptop keyboard not working Windows 10
Sometimes a superbly traditional and working Keyboard will stop working on a Windows laptop. If this is often what you’re addressing, you’ll be able to strive the strategies as provided below to mend the problem of laptop Keyboard not operating in Windows 10.
Since your laptop Keyboard isn’t operating, you’ll be able to either connect an External USB Keyboard to your computer or modify the On-screen keyboard on your computer for a short-lived amount of your time.
Once your makeshift or temporary keyboard is prepared, you ought to be able to fix the matter of laptop Keyboard not operating in Windows 10 using one in all the subsequent ways.
Step 1: Power OFF and Restart
The problem of the Keyboard not working on your Windows laptop could be associated with minor code glitches.
- Power OFF your pc.
- Look ahead for 2 minutes and Restart your pc.
You might be pleasantly shocked to see that the Keyboard of your laptop as if by magic is back to its operating condition.
Step 2: Use Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts
Sometimes, unknowingly pressing certain key mixtures may result in the Keyboard becoming inaccessible or bolted out.
Users have reported fixing this drawback and unlocking the keyboard by pressing the subsequent key mixtures
- Press Windows + space keys on the keyboard of your computer.
- Press the key with Lock Icon on the keyboard of your laptop. Depending on the manufacturer, the key with the Lock Icon can be the Escape Key, F10 Key or another key.
- Press and Hold down the Shift key and press the Lock Icon Key.
Step 3: Disable Filter Keys
The Filter Keys setting in Windows 10 permits the computer to manage however it deals with accidental continual keystrokes. However, this setting can sometimes cause issues with certain Keyboards.
- Open Settings on your laptop and click on Ease of Access.
- On consecutive screen, choose Keyboard in the left-pane. within the right-pane, turn-off Filter Keys possibility.
Restart your computer and see if the USB Keyboard is now operating.
Step 4: Update Windows 10 Keyboard Driver
The problem maybe because of the Keyboard Driver being out-of-date.
- Right-Click on the start button and click on Device Manager option.
- On the Device Manager Screen, expand the entry for Keyboards > right-click on your Keyboard and choose the Update Driver option within the contextual menu.
- On the succeeding screen, choose Search automatically for updated driver software option.
After installing the updated driver, see if the Keyboard is functioning on your computer.
Step 5: Set up Windows 10 Keyboard Device
Another fix is to Uninstall the Keyboard Device and permit Windows 10 to automatically reinstall the device back on your laptop.
- Right-click on the start button and then click on Device Manager.
- On the Device Manager screen, expand Keyboards entry > right-click on your Keyboard and choose the Uninstall device option.
- After Uninstalling the device, make sure that you just Restart your computer.
When your laptop Restarts, Windows ought to automatically reinstall the device back on your computer.
Step 6: Check for Updates
Follow the steps below to see if an update is available for your computer.
- Go to Settings > Updates & Security > click on Windows Update in the left-pane. Then in the right-pane, click on Check for Updates button.
- Allow Windows to check for available updates and install them onto your computer.
In case an update is available, the latest available device drivers will also be installed on your computer.
Note: So these are the general solutions to fix laptop keyboard not working but moreover, it may be a hardware problem so you can try a desktop USB keyboard (if the external keyboard is working fine then it’s not the software problem) or you can disassemble your laptop and clean the plug wire off the keyboard (some time it stores some carbon on it or dust). Or if your laptop’s keyboard is still not working consider changing the laptop’s keyboard.
How to change the keyboard in Lenovo laptop (Example Video Tutorial)
I am sure you were able to fix laptop keyboard not working in Windows 10 from any one of the solutions given above. If you have any kind of queries just mention it in the comment section. We are here to help you! thanks for reading Have a nice day 🙂